A group of internet artists from all over the place who have decided to give each other a challenge every few weeks, on a theme chosen by each in turn. We have different ideas and styles, but share a love of textiles, and want to have some fun.


Sunday 24 July 2011

Introducing Sally Bramald

I've been quilting for years and years and years. I normally make traditional or contemporary though not art quilts.

I was born in London, went to Australia when small, left at about 15 years old to live on a Greek Island, then arrived back in London, by myself at 16 years old. I have worked in computers, antiques and back in my hippy days I ran a shop in Kensington Market, in High St Ken, London.

I have a 22year year old daughter who has finished uni and is now living in London. So it is just my husband and I at home. He has a paralysed diaphragm, I have fibromyalgia between the two of us we nearly make up one fully functioning person.  I have a girl Friday (who comes on Thursdays) to help out.

I joined this challenge because Annabel said we would have 2 months to complete each piece, though I see we only have less than 6 weeks for the first one! I normally like to mull a piece of work over in my head for a couple of years before starting, this will be my challenge........

2 comments:

artmixter said...

To which you will rise with aplomb.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Sally, I've now amended the date. Glad you could make it. It's not supposed to be arduous, so I hope you will be able to squeeze in the time and have a good mull!

Really interesting to read about your early days. That must have been quite hard: branching out on your own at such a young age.