A group of internet artists from all over the place who have decided to give each other a challenge every few weeks, on a theme chosen by each in turn. We have different ideas and styles, but share a love of textiles, and want to have some fun.


Saturday 23 July 2011

Introducing Mags

Hi, I'm Margaret (Mags for short) and I'm a  year younger than Marion , Angela and Liz. Something about reaching 50... I've been doing a lot of navel gazing and not much quilting this year so the idea of a challenge shared with your company is just what I need.
I work full time as a scientist at Kew Gardens, married to Ian for 6 years, no children . We've lived in this house in Brentford for 4 years - large enough to hold  thousands of books ( the only duplicate  a Delia Smith cookery book!) 3 computers and my stash of fabric and art supplies which is not small. I have the biggest room  as my office/studio.

I have always painted  and drawn and have been stitching almost as long ( my  mother did C&G embroidery in the 70's and taught patchwork and quilting). I've been making Journal Quilts for the last 8 years but my preference is for working on a larger scale ( I'm glad to see that there's no size constaint here!) I set up a website a few months ago  and I've been blogging since 2007 (magsramsay - experiments with textiles, paints and plants ).
Looking forward to seeing what everybody comes up with!
Mags

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so lovely to find out stuff about people you have interblogged with but haven't met. It's like reading a magazine!

Soo glad you're here Mags, as I know we both share a love of paint and stitch together - albeit in a different format. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.