A group of internet artists from all over the place who have decided to give each other a challenge every few weeks, on a theme chosen by each in turn. We have different ideas and styles, but share a love of textiles, and want to have some fun.


Sunday 24 July 2011

Introducing Elma

I think I am really the "granny" of the group being well past Sandra .........................suffice it to say I got my bus pass several years ago..................h-m-m-m!!
I was, in another life, an Occupational Therapist till marriage and motherhood took over! I have always had a needle and thread in my hand as far back as I can remember, one of my grandmothers was a dressmaker, unfortuately I never met her, as she died well before I was even a twinkle in my father's eye!
I started off with embroidery, then dressmaking and eventually found my passion for patchwork and quilting in 1986 on our first visit to the States, and so the journey began.
I am a member of Paisley Patchers and Kilbirnie Sew'n' sews, which are my two local Quilting Groups. I have moved, as the years have gone by, from being very much a traditional quilter to enjoying experimenting with different textile media. Last year was my first toe in the water to exhibiting at FoQ, which has been an interesting adventure............. doing so again this year ;-)
I am lookinfg forward to bouncing ideas back and forth with you all!!

Elma in Lochwinnoch, Scotland

2 comments:

:-D eirdre said...

Hi Elma, It's nice to meet you, I've enjoyed reading all of the bios so far.

I'm looking forward to participating. But I can't find my "key"... KNOCK KNOCK, may I come in please?

:-D eirdre

Anonymous said...

Hiya Elma. Great to have you here and look forward to seeing what you come up with. Good luck with the foq!

Deirdre: I suspect a mistype. I have emailed you and sent another invitation. Please let me know if you have further problems.