A group of internet artists from all over the place who have decided to give each other a challenge every few weeks, on a theme chosen by each in turn. We have different ideas and styles, but share a love of textiles, and want to have some fun.


Friday 29 July 2011

Greetings from Clare

Hi everybody,
I'm Claire - based in County Clare, in the Mid-West of Ireland.

I work full-time as an Environmental Scientist/Engineer at an aircraft maintenance firm.

In my spare time, I love nothing better than to mess around with fabric and paper. Really like dyeing and printing fabric.
Have a blog: Millypenny

At the moment, I'm Editor and Webmaster for the Irish Patchwork Society (IPS). I only have 1 more newsletter to do, and then I can hand over to my new sub-editor, so should have a lot more time on my hands.
I'm also the Editorial Rep. for the Mid-West Branch of the IPS and look after their blog as well.

I have an idea for the "lights and shadows" theme in mind. Based on a photograph from a holiday in Spain that I've always wanted to do something with, and now's my chance. Just have to get my thinking cap on and figure how to turn it into a textile piece though...

Looking forward to seeing what everyone is going to make for the challenge - it's going to be very interesting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Claire, I know we've blogged-crossed, but nice to hear about you and what you get up to as I had no idea. It should be extra fun for you to have a friend like Paula to work alongside with too. Good luck with the Spanish theme!